I think I’ve figured out this Tortall/Pacific Rim idea.
- The pilots are Alanna and Wyldon. They’re both career military, but that’s where the similarities end. Wyldon comes from a long line of military men, and his rise through the ranks, while certainly deserved, has always been something of a foregone conclusion. Alanna, on the other hand, has had to claw her way to the top, starting with joining the military against her father’s express wishes (he’d wanted her to go to college and study something appropriate, like history or science or business.) Alanna’s and Wyldon’s Drift compatibility comes as a surprise to absolutely everyone, including them. Wyldon is inflexible and stoic, Alanna is impulsive and aggressive; they don’t really like each other, but they understand each other and they trust each other and they balance each other out. Their jaeger is called Lightning Sirius.
- Jon and Gary are running things up in LOCCENT. Jon deals mostly with the outside world- politicians, local authorities, journalists. Gary oversees combat operations.
- Raoul is the head of ‘dome security. His job is to keep unauthorized people out, be they terrorists or rogue bloggers. He gets a lot more of the latter than the former. His chief underlings are Dom and Kel. He coordinates a lot with Thayet, who handles much of the day-to-day operations of the Shatterdome. She is scary good at it.
- George is the go-between with Hannibal Chau. Officially, he’s on the PPDC cleanup crew. Unofficially, he makes sure K-Science gets the parts they need at a good price with a minimum of fuss.
- Daine is basically Newt. (Daine: I’M GOING TO TALK TO THE KAIJU!! Numair: DO NOT TALK TO THE KAIJU THIS IS A BAD IDEA DO YOU REMEMBER WHAT HAPPENED WITH THE DOLPHINS?!)
gafgjasfjkhksdfjkasdflsjkdhfl ;sdfihads asdfhj sadkfhjasdk afhjasdkfhjkkhsad sdkjfh
Prince George receives a giant stuffed wombat from Australia’s Governor General.
In other news, George and the Wombat sounds like an excellent new children’s book series.
GIANT STUFFED WOMBAT I wanna be a prince.
LOL that was my first thought too
"I wanna be royalty and get giant stuffed toys"
Remember Champ, the happiest dog in the world? His owner, Candice Sedighan, just shared with us a new series of photos she’s taken of the adorable dog and his new found friends. Recently, Candice ran into a man who was holding chicks in a box. “He asked me if I think any factories would want them, but I offered to take them instead so I could find them a safer home. I bought all the necessary supplies to keep them comfortable and healthy for a few days, and will be donating them to a local college’s teaching farm.” See more photos of Champ and his adventures via Instagram.